2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experiencedRegistrar.
Establish and administer district-wide policies and procedures for registration (credit and non-credit) and records management including degree planning, grading, transcripts, and graduation. Serve as Student Information System owner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate registration, and records management policies and procedures. Train staff to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Serve as system owner for the Student Information System; coordinate functional aspects of data conversions, resulting from software upgrades.
- Responsible for final approval of state reports for students and contact hours in compliance with state laws, to ensure funding is not adversely affected.
- Provide leadership for Student and Enrollment Services with the administrative software system related to students.
- Ensure the implementation and utilization of Workday is efficient and effective for Collin students.
- Develop and direct telephone, on-campus, off-campus, and web registration opportunities. Collaborate with Academic Affairs/Workforce and Public Relations to publish course offerings.
- Direct student records activities including add/drops and withdrawals, enrollment verifications and athletic eligibilities, grading and transcripts, degree planning and graduation certification and ceremonies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. Provide training and staff development opportunities to all College employees regarding compliance with FERPA. Cooperate with Public Relations, Technology Services, and Institutional Research to respond to requests in compliance with the Texas Open Records Act.
- Direct the development of official degree plans including the evaluation of transcripts and non-traditional credit. Ensure the College District is in compliance with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College and AACRAO guidelines related to the awarding of credit.
- Cooperate with instructional administrators to resolve issues related to credit transfer. Maintain current knowledge of services available at all District sites in order to make appropriate and timely referrals.
- In cooperation with the Vice President, develop the department's budget and maintain responsibility for operating within approved allocations each year.
- Meet with students regarding refund petitions, and adding after census date/reinstatements.
- Process registration documents and provide general advising for credit and non-credit classes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Five (5) years of related experience required. Two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policy and procedures for overall institutional, state, and federal regulations
- Knowledge of web forms and data fields
- Knowledge of Student Information Systems and integration
- Knowledge of departmental data trends
- Knowledge of subpoenas and court documents
- Knowledge of budget management
- Troubleshooting skills
- Verbal and written information skills
- Management skills
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to make effective use of time to plan, organize, and monitor staff assignments to accomplish departmental goals within the established time frame
- Ability to determine training needs of staff, and to develop and implement training activities to meet these needs
- Ability to listen effectively and demonstrate understanding
- Ability to take effective action in crisis situations
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to adjust quickly to changes in situations or requirements
- Ability to maintain self-control under trying circumstances
- Ability to provide feedback, support and encouragement to staff
- Ability to regularly exercise good judgment in dealing with others
- Ability to perform effectively in critical interpersonal situations
- Ability to support and present organizational policies in a favorable light
- Ability to maintain proper records and to attend to administrative detail efficiently and effectively
- Ability to differentiate among competing demands to establish effective work priorities
- Ability to work various hours, including day and evening
- Ability to travel to off-site registration locations
- Ability to independently identify and undertake additional tasks to be accomplished
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of this job
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Administrator
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $76,957.00 - 88,501.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney