Head Mens Volleyball Coach
SALARY: $7,111.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 7/6/2021
CLOSING DATE: 7/27/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
REPORTS TO: Director, Athletics and Recreation
The Head Men’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for supporting Middlesex College’s vision, mission and strategic objectives and is accountable for the management and supervision of the Men’s Volleyball program and its participating student athletes and staff. This is a part-time position.
Under the direction of the Director, Athletics and Recreation, the Head Men’s Volleyball Coach monitors the academic and athletic performance of student-athletes to ensure success and compliance with NJCAA and College policies and procedures.
1. Recruits and maintains the appropriate number of student athletes to be able to compete at the highest level within NJCAA and Region XIX.
2. Promotes the Men’s Volleyball program and Middlesex College in the community and high schools, including the recruitment of student athletes for the College volleyball team.
3. Schedules, conducts, supervises team practice sessions, and assists with the program scheduling.
4. Provides individual and team instruction, skill development and techniques, conditioning and preparation and learning opportunities for the team and its members.
5. Monitors team members' academic progress and performance and make referral to appropriate College office and services to enhance student's academic success.
6. Assists with athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical examinations for practice and team eligibility.
7. Provides media information for the promotion, publicity and recognition of the team including interviews, player profiles, team statistics and publications.
8. Reports any incidents of player injury, misconduct, disruptive behavior, and travel/transportation accidents.
9. Coordinates offseason team activities, including strength training, academic support, and referrals.
10. Attends Open Houses, the Monthly Coaches Meeting, Annual Staff/Coaches Retreat, and Athletic Banquets.
11. Responsible for team fundraising projects and other programs sponsored by the department.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree
• Three years of varsity high school, collegiate, or related coaching experience
• Recruiting experience
• CPR/AED or First Aid Certification (able to obtain upon hire)
• Valid Driver's License
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge of NJCAA and NCAA academic requirements and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
SCHEDULE: Nights/weekend/holiday work required