To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Web Designer Department Marketing and Communications Compensation Title Position Number 30024826 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Standard work week.
Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The University Marketing and Communications department is searching for an imaginative and experienced professional to serve as a web developer under the supervision of the Director of Web and Digital Strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and expand web strategies by producing effective and engaging web experiences supporting the University’s initiatives. The Web Developer will evaluate and implement a range of web projects that serve to inform and engage the campus, alumni, and the region. The Web Developer will collaborate with both internal and external audiences, managing website projects promoting special events, college/department programs, and social media campaigns. Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal/external clients to create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML / CSS practices within the Adobe Experience Manager CMS tools provided
- Integrate content and data from various sources, databases, hosting services and display on the web as appropriate
- Meet regularly with business stakeholders and management to understand and refine business and functional requirements and determine project scopes and specifications based on technical needs, business intent and audience targeting
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to web-editors as needed, support quality assurance, and perform unit and user-acceptance testing to identify bugs and ensure web production operations run successfully
- Support efforts for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the web site by providing innovative solutions, emerging technologies/industry trends, and best practices. Implement user-centered designs and coding to create reusable objects/templates for user simplifications.
- Collaborate with design team members on graphics needed for web layout and maintain brand standards in all visual designs
- Perform regular backups to web directories for recovery Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years minimum work related experience required.
- Proficient with web diagnostics, code troubleshooting and developer testing tools
- Experienced in utilizing analytics tools to track and measure web programs
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines with professional acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- BS in computer science or a related field
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged. Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience 3 years Salary TBD Pay Grade S71
Requisition Number 2021S1363 Job Open Date 05/20/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10342 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport