Assistant Director, Academic Support Services
Assistant Director, Academic Support Services
Join the staff of U.S. News and World Report’s 6th ranked U.S. public university at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. The online graduate program within the College of Journalism and Communications (UF CJC Online) seeks an Assistant Director to join our team and help lead our cutting edge 100% online professionally focused program.
Since 2012, UF CJC Online has transformed lives through graduate education founded in theory and influenced by industry. We offer the most comprehensive, digitally focused online graduate Communications programs in the world. Students choose from eight master’s specializations and four graduate certificates that offer unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and advancement. UF CJC Online’s flexible programs are demanding by design and competitive by nature. Equipped with the skills needed to move communication forward, UF CJC Online graduates are an unstoppable force for the Gator Good.
UF CJC online currently serves over 800 online only students. All operations for these programs (marketing, admissions, curriculum, course design, advising, etc..) are managed by our in-house staff. To learn more about UF CJC Online, visit: https://onlinemasters.jou.ufl.edu/
Working at the direction of the Director of UF CJC Online, the Assistant Director is responsible for:
A successful candidate will be a quick learner, have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Additionally, desirable candidates will provide evidence of collegiality, organizational skills, and commitment to service.
This is position can either be in Gainesville, FL or fully remote from locations within the United States. Applicants should indicate their work location preferences as directed in the “Special Instructions to Applicants” section below. Daily work hours are 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Occasional schedule changes may be necessary to accommodate travel and special events.
The College of Journalism and Communications understands the importance of diversity as a contribution to the industries of journalism and communication in our increasingly multicultural nation and globalized marketplace. We value diversity and the development of competence in intercultural communication and behavior for all who are a part of our college, industry and society. We are committed to incorporating diversity and inclusiveness in our faculty, staff, students, curriculum, research, immersion properties and culture.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
$65,000-$75,000; commensurate with qualifications and experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
- Terminal degree in Communication or a closely related field (Ph.D., Ed.D, Etc..).
- Teaching and Administrative experience in online programs.
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in a graduate-level program.
- Strong understanding of the differences between traditional campus-based education and new online education models.
- Expertise in educational technology tools including Canvas.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner following supervisor guidance.
- 5+ years professional experience in Communication or a Communication related field.
- 5+ years teaching and/or administrative experience in higher education.
- Master’s degree in Communication or a closely related field.
- Ability to collect and interpret data to drive decision making.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented team environment.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner who can multi-task with demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, efficient, reliable, collaborative.
- Outgoing and comfortable engaging with prospective and current students, department staff, colleagues and leadership.
- Knowledge and training in Quality Matters a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Must be comfortable using video conferencing tools including Zoom.
- Comfortable working in a team with a mix of in-person, hybrid, and remote individuals.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Monday.com or other project management software programs a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of time as needed (recruiting events, business meetings, campus visits if remote).
- Future supervision of staff
In order to be considered, you must upload:
- Cover Letter
- Statement indicating your preferred work location (Gainesville, FL or Remote)
- List names, contact information and relationship for 3 references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of applicant.
- Leadership statement detailing experience, leadership style and examples (limit to 1 page – Optional)
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please ensure you submit all required documents.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge