Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Faculty Department Health Administration Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $5,000 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The College of Health Professions Department of Health Administration is seeking an adjunct faculty to teach the ALHP 591 course – Reducing Health Care Disparities: Issues and Strategies. The subject matter covered in this course explores the current strategies used to reduce health disparities. It applies knowledge of existing strategies to critical thinking models for further assessment.
The course instructor will be responsible for the following course learning objectives:
• Identify strategies to address unconscious bias and promote patient centered care for oneself and colleagues.
• Apply models of critical thinking to assess existing strategies.
• Identify gaps left to be addressed.
• Identify/crystalize community partnership.
This course is also required for our proposed Certificate in Health Equity. Required Qualifications
• Master’s degree in health policy, public health, education or a related field
• Demonstrated experience working and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so while working at VCU Preferred Qualifications
• Expertise in health equity Job Open Date 07/06/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107046 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Nutrition Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond