University Code 30214 University Title Senior Buyer 1 University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Senior Buyer Position Number 592360 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Procurement Services Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU Procurement Services has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join their team! Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include, but are not limited to:
-Primarily responsible for the direct procurement of a moderate to high volume of broad range, complex, technical commodities and services in accordance with the Tier III Management Agreement and Rules Document, State and University policies, procedures, and guidelines.
-Performs work of moderate to considerable difficulty to include obtaining bids, negotiating and awarding contracts and developing reliable sources of supplies/services with emphasis on increasing participation by minority-owned & women-owned businesses.
-Responsible for collaborating with sourcing specialist and category managers on a recurring basis.
-Responsible for providing data to support spend analysis and sourcing development.
-Develops term contracts and cooperative contracts that result in cost savings, reduced administrative effort and benefit other institutions of higher education.
-Routinely interfaces with University officials on procurement issues.
-Represents the University in meetings with private sector business representatives.
-Keeps abreast of current market trends.
-Provides guidance and training to user departments on procurement planning, specification preparation, product availability, etc.
-Reviews user department’s procurement transactions to ensure compliance.
-Handles assignments in a timely manner and makes decisions independently with minimal guidance from supervisor.
-Uses and recommends enhancements to improve operational efficiencies. Minimum Hiring Standards
-Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience/training.
-Knowledge of acceptable governmental procurement methods, terminology, and principles.
-Knowledge of current market trends and sources.
-Must have the ability and organizational skills to handle a high volume of complex work and multiple assignments independently.
-Ability to make effective decisions to resolve complicated issues.
-Ability to use current technology effectively.
-Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.
-Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU . Preferred Hiring Standards
-Progressive procurement experience or equivalent experience/training (preferably public). (e.g., Supply Chain Management and Analytics).
-Strategic Sourcing experience or equivalent experience/training.
-Familiarity with spend analysis tools and practices or equivalent experience/training.
- CPPB, CPPO, C.P.M., CUPO or other procurement/contracting certifications. Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $60,000 - $68,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday Job Open Date 07/06/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105341 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond