Administrative Secretary for Student Care (11 Months)
The Administrative Secretary for the Office of Student Care will
provide direct administrative support for functions of the
Associate Dean of Students for Student Care and support the
personnel and processes of the Office of Student Care with
particular regard for the care and concern of the student body by
performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist
2. Manages the overall organization and operation of the Office of
3. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Associate
Dean of Students, Student Care personnel, and each of the related
programs and services.
4. Organizes and maintains accurate departmental correspondence,
records, files, and appropriate databases.
5. Assists with operations related to Student Care, Assessment,
Student Leadership, First-Year Programs, ASCBU, Commencement, and
6. Assists with the communication and follow-up with ill students,
injured students, and students of concern.
7. Assists with the maintenance of the University’s master events
8. Compiles and updates budget information, processes requisitions,
summary sheets, and student payroll paperwork.
9. Oversees the selection, training, and supervision of student
10. Serves as the department’s primary liaison for departments
including Conference and Events, Provider Food Service, Information
Technology, Facilities and Planning, and the Post and Copy
11. Serves as office supply vendor coordinator; responsible for
ordering and maintaining suitable levels of office supplies and
12. Screens incoming calls, inquiries, and correspondence,
responding independently as appropriate.
13. Serves as the travel coordinator for office personnel.
14. Performs other duties that are specific to the Office of
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES : To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
A growing and dynamic Christian faith, which is naturally
communicated with words and actions.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4