Administrative Secretary for Student Care (11 Months)
Job Title Administrative Secretary for Student Care (11 Months) Posting Number S957P Classification Title
The Administrative Secretary for the Office of Student Care will provide direct administrative support for functions of the Associate Dean of Students for Student Care and support the personnel and processes of the Office of Student Care with particular regard for the care and concern of the student body by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University.
2. Manages the overall organization and operation of the Office of Student Care.
3. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Associate Dean of Students, Student Care personnel, and each of the related programs and services.
4. Organizes and maintains accurate departmental correspondence, records, files, and appropriate databases.
5. Assists with operations related to Student Care, Assessment, Student Leadership, First-Year Programs, ASCBU, Commencement, and Title IX.
6. Assists with the communication and follow-up with ill students, injured students, and students of concern.
7. Assists with the maintenance of the University’s master events calendar.
8. Compiles and updates budget information, processes requisitions, summary sheets, and student payroll paperwork.
9. Oversees the selection, training, and supervision of student office workers.
10. Serves as the department’s primary liaison for departments including Conference and Events, Provider Food Service, Information Technology, Facilities and Planning, and the Post and Copy Center.
11. Serves as office supply vendor coordinator; responsible for ordering and maintaining suitable levels of office supplies and equipment.
12. Screens incoming calls, inquiries, and correspondence, responding independently as appropriate.
13. Serves as the travel coordinator for office personnel.
14. Performs other duties that are specific to the Office of Student Care. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
A growing and dynamic Christian faith, which is naturally communicated with words and actions.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 06/21/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6591 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside