Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Online Adjunct Professor - Social Work
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
An adjunct faculty in Social Work will be responsible to teach
Liberty Online students in compliance with the council on Social
Work Education’s accreditation standards. The adjunct will be
responsible for up to 30 students for each section they teach. He
or she will take advantage of teaching opportunities through the
use of weekly announcements, e-mails, videos, and discussion board
forums. The adjunct will respond to e-mails within 24 hours and
will grade student’s assignments, giving substantive feedback,
within 5 days of the assignment submission. The adjunct will also
carry out administrative responsibilities as directed by their
Instructional Mentor, Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Chair, or
Associate Dean; some administrative tasks include roster
verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with
assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining
contact with students and offering assistance to absent
- Advise students in matters related to academics and
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance
with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should have an MSW from a CSWE accredited program
with two years post-masters practice experience; OR a BSW from a
CSWE accredited program with a Ph.D. or J.D.
Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level
-Understand and articulate social work from a biblical
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete required
tasks both timely and accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively collaborate remotely with colleagues and
department faculty and staff
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty
University’s online automated application process
Teaching experience in a CSWE accredited program is preferred.
Experience teaching psychology courses a plus. The preferred
candidate will have a licensure in social work and a minimum of
three years post-master’s practice experience. A PhD or JD is
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during
this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all
conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required
should the department select you for an interview. In the
references section of the application, please submit the names of
two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your
pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
member. If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Cover Letter
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- What is your highest completed/conferred degree?
- Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- If you have not had higher education experience, please explain
your interest in working in this environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have recent clinical experience?
- Please list all current certifications or licenses.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have 2-3 years of experience in the field you are
applying to teach?
- Do you have experience with online learning platforms
(Blackboard, Moodle, ANGEL, WebCT, etc.)?
- Do you consider your computer skills to be:
- No Response
- Average or above (easily search the internet, regularly use
- Novice (learning to use word processing and web based
- Little or no experience utilizing web based programs