Adjunct Instructor - Communications
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
An Adjunct instructor is a term-to-term appointment with
responsibility to students, course material, and classroom and/or
Teaching duties include all levels of Communications undergraduate
To undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a
high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
To work collaboratively and innovatively with colleagues.
• To undertake teaching and learning related activities, as
• To ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and
assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely
• To undertake administration and provide reports and statistics
regarding student and teaching matters.
• To contribute to the development of curricula and learning
activities, taking into consideration Functional Skills development
and equality and diversity.
• A Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 hours of graduate studies
in Communications or professional experience as recognized by HLC
are required. The degree must be from a regionally accredited
• Expertise in any of the various that define a high quality
Communications Program to include but not limited to the following:
Public Speaking, Electronic Media, Photojournalism, Broadcast
Production and Direction, Argumentation and Debate, and Media
• Candidate must be an enthusiastic educator.
• Strong written and oral communications skills required.
• The ability to work with others within the larger department on
curriculum, scheduling, study abroad, and related areas is
• A Doctorate Degree in the discipline from a regionally accredited
institution is preferable.
• Online experience is a plus.
• Prior teaching experience and command of instructional technology
is highly desirable.
• Expertise in cutting-edge pedagogy, assessment, and/or
community-based teaching (community relations, student-faculty
collaborations) is highly desirable.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Three Letters of Recommendation and Official Transcripts are also
required. Information may be sent to:
Central State University
PO Box 1004
1400 Brush Row Road
Wilberforce, OH 45384
For Inquiries, contact Dr. Amy Hobbs Harris,
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy