Associate Director, International Students - (STA007701)
Assists the director in the overall operation of the office of International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSSO).
- Assigns the duties of international student counselors and provides work guidance and training as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises F-1 and J-1 non-immigrant visa services.
- Serves as liaison with the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State.
- Advises and counsels international students and scholars regarding immigration requirements and procedures.
- Serves as advocate for students with DHS, and monitors F-1 and other non-immigrant students.
- Oversees pre-enrollment/international student check-ins and orientations, and coordinates immigration seminars.
- Provides data and statistical analysis as needed
- Supervises professional employees, student workers, and volunteers.
- Facilitates programs and services for the adjustment and integration of international students, exchange visitors and their family into the campus community
- Engages with international student and alumni organizations, and campus community to promote internationalization through comprehensive services and programs.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston