Budget Analyst I
Budget Analyst I
Job ID: 229670
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
Support development, implementation and management of departmental budgets and accounts. Consistently apply fundamental budgetary concepts, practices and procedures to ensure fiscal compliance. Review, justify, monitor and maintain Institutional budgets. Analyze and monitor revenue and/or expenditures. Interpret and communicate policies and procedures. Serve as liaison to the University's Business and Financial Services department (i.e., Accounts Payable, Financial Accounting, Budget, Procurement) to uphold the integrity and academic mission of the University.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Manage billing processes and practices in fulfilling departmental work order requests
- Create check requests and deposit transmittals for approval
- Generate purchasing requests in University system for submission for budget approval
- Monitor and access budgets for travel, equipment, maintenance and other expenses
- Complete fiscal year-end inventory activities, monthly acquisition and/or transfer of equipment and vehicle registrations
- Review, justify, monitor and maintain departmental budget and program accounts
- Analyze and monitor financial resources and expenditures for department
- Provide advice on available options and budgetary implications to leadership, program managers and staff
- Develop internal computer-based processes for monitoring, evaluating, controlling, and reporting financial information
- Monitor and reconcile department budgets monthly
- Perform, document and file financial reports
- Prepare budget amendments and expenditure transfers for current and permanent year
- Conduct purchase order reviews
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Board of Regents (BOR) policy and procedures
- Working knowledge of Statewide Purchasing Card Policy and Travel Policy
- Financial account reconciliation and variance analysis experience
$17.55 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Exercised discretion when handling confidential financial information
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support the University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including experience with formulas
Apply Before Date
July 23, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com .
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may often extend beyond 40 hours to nights and weekends
- Occasional travel may be required
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=229670&PostingSeq=1