Assistant Director for Research
About the Position
Under the direction of the Director of Research, the assistant director conducts research related to higher education and labor market trends in Washington State and the national context.
- Propose and conduct research to inform policy and drive program outcomes
- Analyze changes/trends in higher education, workforce, economic, census, and/or fiscal data
- Use internal and external databases and develop other information resources to collect, manage, and analyze data as needed to support the work of the agency
- Support the agency’s Roadmap and corresponding Strategic Action Plan work by developing policy/research questions, performing research activities that are descriptive, analytical, or dealing with causal processes, and synthesize research findings to produce evidence or shape education policies
- Support/perform research activities and other ad hoc analyses directed by division's Director
Data Program Insights
- Provide research expertise to inform WSAC program divisions' work to improve their programs and the outcomes of the students they serve
- Use program data to gain new insights about the students they serve and help program leads refine and target their services
- Work with a team of researchers to use data science/modeling to produce actionable insights
- Assist with appropriate state-level planning and accountability measure tracking and reporting
Data Management, Privacy, and Security
- Conduct data analysis in response to internal and external data requests
- Develop and document processes and procedures to ensure the availability of credible data and an efficient data sharing process
- Collaborate with IT and program divisions to ensure that data reports and findings are checked for accuracy and integrity of the information
About the Research Division
The Research Division provides information and analyses that guide the Washington Student Achievement Council's efforts to advance higher education attainment in the state. The Research Division is committed to creating a workplace where all researchers thrive personally and professionally. This includes continued professional development and training, opportunities to collaborate and learn from leading national research organizations, and opportunities to be part of innovative research projects.
To learn more and to apply, see Assistant Director of Research | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com).