Director of Leadership Activities
The Leadership Activities Office provides student activity programming guidance and support for student clubs and organizations and serves as the central advising office for the Student Government Association. Leadership training, student club advising, and SGA financial accounting services are key functions of the office. This position contributes to the planning and development of the mission and goals of the Office of Campus Life & Engagement. The Director has general responsibility for supervision of the Leadership Activities Office, provides guidance to SGA and its clubs to ensure compliance with College policies and procedures, and provides oversight of student activity fee allocations and expenditures. The director is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive co-curricular student involvement and engagement programs helping to facilitate each individual student’s personal growth and formation.
Required: Master’s Degree in related field and 3-6 years relevant experience. Experience with Anthology/Engage is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to think critically and creatively both independently and with other diverse bodies.
- Ability to facilitate difficult conversations and expereince in conflict resolution.
- Ability to assess risk and put necessary procedures in place to minimize that risk.
- Must have strong knowledge of higher education leadership theories and student development outcomes.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Leadership and training/programming skills.
This position is based in an office environment. Night and weekend hours required. Must be able to lift 30lbs.
This position is a 12-month, full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants must submit an on-line application, resume and cover letter.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus
community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not
discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic
origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence,
or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Management Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Management Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Education Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs