Assistant Dean, College of Humanities, Fine Arts & Communications
Lewis University seeks an Assistant Dean for the College of
Humanities, Fine Arts & Communications.
Lewis University serves a diverse student population and community, and we invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity.
- Responsible for student and faculty affairs
- Supports faculty advising assignments
- Addresses student concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
- Deploys and disseminates student course evaluation and other surveys as needed
- Coordinates and participates in instructor classroom evaluations with College Administrative Assistant
- track and maintain faculty personnel files to ensure accurate record-keeping
- Ensure faculty completion of annual faculty reports and other and other required reporting
- Oversees processing of all new adjunct faculty reports and other required reporting
- Oversees processing of all new adjunct faculty requests; completes adjunct faculty contracts each semester/as needed
- Working with HR and Provost’s Office, processes annual full-time faculty contracts
- Performs other general duties related to the administration of the College as needed
- Represents Dean’s office on various committees and task forces, as appropriate
- Earned master’s degree or doctorate from a regionally accredited university, preferably in a discipline represented in the College of Humanities, Fine Arts and Communications.
- Minimum of three years of university administrative experience as a program director/department chair, professional staff member or administrative team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to develop and support implementation of University and College policies, procedures, and guidelines.
For full consideration, interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at https://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/6109.