Communication/Administrative Support Specialist (PRN26785B)
This hands-on position will provide leadership in functions of operation with special emphasis on Communications and Administrative Management as it relates to the overall operation of the office. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to service, an ability to create an effective office team and supervise staff, possess computer skills to manage and evaluate data, have experience with integrated administrative software and knowledge of Federal and State regulations. This person will collaborate with the Enrollment Management division of Academic Affairs to assure quality in service to students, faculty and staff. This position reports to the University Registrar.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN26785B - 00296 - Registrar's Office
COMPENSATION: $60,000 - $64,000/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Communications: The Office of the Registrar is responsible for a very comprehensive Communications Plan. This plan includes working with all of the various units within the office to be sure we have developed or are developing the appropriate outreach for each sector. Along with this plan, this position must take a leadership role in being sure that our Communications are effective and when necessary work with colleagues within the Management Team of the office to assess and develop new and/or improved methods of communication. The skills needed for this are collaboration, creativity, willingness to work in teams and to seek out colleagues to develop the kind of plan that meets the needs of an ever changing market.
- Administrative Support: This is a broad category that gives office wide assistance with the many different responsibilities internal to this office. In many ways this category serves as a ‘Chief of Staff’. This part of the position offers continuity to the various units and lends assistance and expertise when needed. Collaboration with colleagues within the various units is necessary to complete this responsibility of the position.
- Website/Social Media: This position maintains all of our public Website data as well as being responsible for maintaining our Social Media Outreach. It is necessary to work with all of the various units in the office for content and accuracy of our Web presence.
- Analytics: This office has a very robust Analytics and Reporting responsibility. We conduct much research on our students as they move through the various enrollment and registration processes. This position works closely with the University Registrar to be sure we are conducting the types of analysis that is informative to the executive leadership of the university, so that we can be making informed, strategic, and data driven decisions.
- Commencement: This position is responsible for many of the logistics of the annual Commencement Ceremonies. There are a myriad of details required to have a successful event for our graduates. This position serves on the Executive Commencement Committee and works with the committee to be sure all of the responsibilities we do are accountable and completed. Many meetings, changes and the ability to be flexible are key components of these duties.
- FERPA: The Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act is one of the fundamental responsibilities of this office. Working with Colleges/Departments, Faculty, Staff, and Administration is necessary to perform these duties. Expertise above and beyond what is normally required of general staff is necessary for this part of the positions. Giving presentations, taking calls and navigating the inquiries from all our constituencies is necessary in this role. Working the Office of General Counsel is also required.
Bachelor’s degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field plus 3 years of related experience, or equivalency; excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills; familiarity with a variety of computer software; project management and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both individually and in a team setting. Some areas may require additional experience with specific computer systems and may require skills in interviewing, ad copy writing, editing, photography, web writing, graphic design, audio & video production, and oral presentation. Master’s degree in a related field may be preferred. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PREFERENCES: Knowledge in Data Analytics & Visualization, PeopleSoft & Excel would be extremely beneficial.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/118646
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.