Assistant Vice President, Talent Management
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for the leadership and administration of the talent management department, which includes talent acquisition, benefits, and compensation and classification for all employees (faculty and staff). Provides strategic and organizational guidance to senior leaders on talent management issues. Evaluates and updates HACC policies and procedures and implements best practices while looking to future trends in talent management. This position reports to the vice present, human resources and organizational development.
Master's Degree and 3 years of human resources experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $84,935 - $106,169
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in higher education
Job Specific Task List:
1.Responsible for the college-wide applicant tracking and onboarding system; recommends effective use of system functionality; works with vendors to reconfigure systems to meet changing business needs; administers contracts associated with purchases, maintenance and upgrades for recruitment and onboarding software; provides training and technical assistance to hiring managers and other users of the systems; develops reports and performs analyses to ensure accountability, ongoing assessment and continuous quality improvement.
2. Provides training and guidance to hiring managers, search committees and hiring group participants to secure compliance with recruitment laws, policies and procedures with a focus on inclusion and diversity; serves as resources to internal candidates regarding the hiring process and interviewing skills.
3. Manages resource accounts related to recruitment, background clearances and onboarding; manages contracts for advertising and recruitment services; coordinates the use of temporary employment agencies; evaluates the effectiveness of services and recommends continuance or suspension; responds to inquiries from internal customers, the general public, etc. submitted to resource accounts. - (Essential)
4. Provides leadership for the implementation, administration, and communication of employee benefit plans; conduct individual and group orientation sessions as needed.
5. Administers the annual open enrollment processes, including creation and delivery of employee presentations and communication materials, enrollment system administration, cash opt-out election tracking, and data auditing.
6. Oversees activities related to the administration of the College's Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policy; coordinate COBRA processes, including updating the benefits enrollment system and the third party administrator website, and reconciliation of COBRA premium payments; serves as liaison between the College and external agencies, including SERS, PSERS, TIAA-CRAF, benefits vendors and health insurance carriers. - (Essential)
7. Leads the improvement and administration of compensation and classification programs and systems, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and consistency with internal and external equity; oversees the review of new and revised jobs to determine classification; oversees market analysis to determine market matches and appropriate salary ranges.
8. Oversees the review job descriptions to ensure accuracy of classification, salary range, and job-specific task lists; approve additional preferred qualifications.
9. Oversees employee records which is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data.
10. Supervises subordinate staff. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jul 05, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg