Teaching Assistant Professor of Construction Management - WVU Tech (Beckley)
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV, is currently inviting applications and nominations for the following employment opportunity:
The Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences seeks to hire a Teaching Assistant Professor (TAP) of Construction Management (CM) beginning in the Fall 2021 semester. Position is 9-month, full-time, and benefits-eligible.
The successful candidate will develop and teach a variety of undergraduate level courses in CM. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in recruiting and advising students and participate in assessment, accreditation and program review processes. The successful candidate will be expected to engage in service activities associated with a faculty position.
Review of applications will begin on July 2, 2021 and continue until the position is filed.
Expected start date for this position is August 14, 2021
About WVUTech / WVU:
WVU Tech is a regional division of the West Virginia University system and is located in Beckley, West Virginia. It boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. The campus is near state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities. Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences has been consistently ranked as Top 100 Best Undergraduate Engineering program in the U.S. News & World Report rankings.
WVU Tech offers a broad array of programs including four-year (BS) programs in Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering; Construction Management; Computer Science; and Information Systems. Six of the programs within the College are ABET accredited.
More information about the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences can be found at: http://engineering.wvutech.edu/
- A master’s degree in Construction Management or closely related field or a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or closely related field with five years of relevant professional experience is required.
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence, responsiveness to student needs, and good communication skills are essential.
- Familiarity with Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) accreditation is highly desirable.
- Professional licensure (PE or Contractors License) and/or Professional Construction Certification is highly desirable.
Applications must include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references including telephone numbers and email addresses
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown