Building Operator II
Job Title Building Operator II Posting Number S961P Classification Title
Assists with the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all necessary building systems within a large, technically sophisticated complex housing advanced technology, facilities and equipment. Assists with controlling a range of sophisticated, stand-alone electrical, mechanical, and digital control system and effects changes and improvements to systems as appropriate. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operate building systems in order to satisfy event and customer requirements.
2. Maintain and repair all aspects of the building operations including but not limited to HVAC, mechanical, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and life safety (including smoke control, generators, fire pumps and alarm systems); ensure all equipment and systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner and are in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
3. Conduct inspections on all site mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and related equipment including but not limited to water treatment, boilers, heat pumps, roof top units, air conditioners, etc. on a daily/weekly basis and complete appropriate record logs in order to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
4. Take daily readings of all major equipment including but not limited to air supply temperatures, water temperatures and pressure readings, etc.; document and inspect for irregularities in readings.
5. Complete minor maintenance and repairs as required; including, but not limited to, belt and filter replacement, lamp replacement, housekeeping of common areas, washroom and plumbing repair work, etc.
6. Conduct regular interior, exterior and roof inspections for damage, and perform or oversee repairs.
7. Perform installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on commercial foodservice and food preparation equipment, including but not limited to: refrigeration (low and medium temp) /air conditioning equipment, ice machine equipment, cooking equipment, steam and beverage equipment).
8. Oversees activities of contractors, vendor personnel, and suppliers; monitors contracts for compliance and controls costs; monitors general expenditures of unit; performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contact specifications and industry standards.
9. Request parts and supplies as needed for tasks, including parts pick up at local vendors.
10. Attends regular safety meetings and works in a safe manner.
11. A valid California driver’s license is required. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Ability to work in elevated locations up to 75 feet.
§ Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
§ Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
§ Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
§ Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 07/05/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6604 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside