HVAC Technician III/Lead - Alt Shift
Job Title HVAC Technician III/Lead - Alt Shift Posting Number S962P Classification Title
Under minimal and/or indirect supervision, performs routine repairs and maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning ( HVAC ) systems including any/all air distribution machinery, split systems, package units, fan coils, low voltage, digital controls, hot and chilled water distribution and variable volume systems. Records and manages recordation of operational data and technical information on a log or personal computer of HVAC systems (including refrigerant). Manages, modifies and evolves programming for the various Energy Management Systems (Bac Net, ex: Automated Logic) that operate HVAC functions on the campus. Creates/modifies computer programs regarding system design specifications & demands. Works occasional extended shifts, as scheduled, or as otherwise required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs preventative maintenance, adjustments, and basic repairs on both low voltage and digitally controlled HVAC systems.
2. Operates, cleans and performs preventative maintenance on various kinds of refrigeration units, to include absorption & centrifugal, chillers, refrigerators, compressors, heat exchangers, ice machines and walk-in coolers & freezers.
3. Participates in major HVAC component replacement, and evaluation of complex system problems in collaboration with managers & consultants.
4. Performs non-technical maintenance and repairs of plumbing and piping systems, to include standard repair of leaking fixtures, installing piping systems, and/or performing modifications to plumbing and hydronic systems; assists or directs licensed plumbing/mechanical contractors, as required.
5. Performs seasonal overhauls and transitions of systems to and from heating/cooling.
6. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
7. Documents facilities maintenance requirements; maintains appropriate records of work performed.
8. Request parts and supplies as needed for tasks including parts pick up at local vendors.
9. Attends regular safety meetings and works in a safe manner.
10. A valid California driver’s license is required. Supervisory Responsibilities
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
§ Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
§ Ability to test systems and/or operations in compliance with published standards.
§ Ability to work in elevated locations up to 75 feet.
§ Ability to discern colors for colorimetric testing of water samples, and/or reading of color-coded plan instruction.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
§ Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
§ Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
§ Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions. Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 07/05/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6606 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside