OPS Military Admissions Counselor/Recruiter
Job Title OPS Military Admissions Counselor/Recruiter Posting Number S965P Classification Title
The Military Admissions Counselor/Recruiter provides comprehensive admissions information to prospective veterans, active-duty service personnel, and dependents. Individual will develop, implement, and manage the admission recruitment program designed to attract the best possible pool of candidates in support of the school’s enrollment objectives. Provide information to Educational Service Centers as well as meet with prospective students on military bases. Establishes and delivers a wide range of advisement and liaison services. Participates in or oversees the evaluation of applicant files for admissions. Familiarity with policies specific to military populations to include: Veterans Benefits, Tuition Assistance, educational planning, military transcripts, and issues faced by military personnel and their dependents. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Advises military prospective students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, military benefits, and financial assistance, as appropriate.
2. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates programs, special projects and events, and other initiatives geared to recruiting students within targeted populations and facilitating admission into OPS at California Baptist University.
3. Analyzes trends in military recruitment and retention programs and participates in the establishment and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies, resources, policies, and procedures.
4. Develops and implements outreach programs, events, and activities for recruitment and enrollment of students from targeted communities, to include military bases and Veterans organizations.
5. Assists with creating and distributing a range of resource and promotional materials designed for the recruitment and retention of students in targeted groups.
6. Reviews individual applications and evaluates candidates for admission eligibility. Troubleshoots applications with problems and oversees and/or coordinates communications with applicants.
7. Maintains communication via telephone, correspondence, and/or electronic mail with prospective students through all stages of the recruitment, admission and enrollment process.
8. Keep accurate records of recruiting activities and contacts.
9. Assist with other student service projects and events as requested.
10. Achieves aggressive monthly recruiting goals.
11. Interacts regularly with CBU’s enrollment leadership team to develop recruiting strategies and partnership.
12. Position will require evening and weekend work and travel. A valid driver’s license, a good driving record and reliable transportation are required.
13. Position may be responsible for assistance and enrollment services to non-military personnel as required. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues
§ Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
§ Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
§ Ability to exercise interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations Able to professionally represent the University in marketing and public relations activities, with prospective students and their families, faculty, staff, and other external contacts.
§ Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including public speaking skills.
§ Must possess strong detail and time management skills.
§ Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks under deadline stresses.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
§ Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
§ Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 07/05/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6612 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside