HVAC Technician II - Housing
Job Title HVAC Technician II - Housing Posting Number S967P Classification Title
Under direct supervision, performs routine repairs and maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning ( HVAC ) systems including any/all air distribution machinery, split systems, package units, fan coils, pneumatic and digital controls, hot and chilled water distribution, and variable volume systems. Records operational data and technical information on a log or personal computer (inc. refrigerant). Works occasional extended shifts, as scheduled, or as otherwise required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Monitor’s performance of heating, ventilation, and cooling systems for the facility; performs standard repair/replacement of components, as appropriate, and non-technical maintenance tasks such as cleaning of heating and cooling fan coil units, adjustment of system controls and replacement of filters etc. Performs preventative maintenance, adjustments, and basic repairs on both pneumatically controlled and digitally controlled HVAC systems. Assist or direct HVAC lead personnel and HVAC contractors as required.
2. Operates, cleans, and performs preventative maintenance/repairs on various kinds of refrigeration units, to include absorption, centrifugal, compressor, heat exchangers, ice machines and cooling freezers.
3. Performs non-technical maintenance and repairs of plumbing and piping systems, to include standard repair of leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed waste lines, installing piping systems, and/or performing modifications to plumbing and hydronic systems; assists or directs licensed plumbing/mechanical contractors, as required.
4. Participates in major HVAC component replacement and evaluation of complex system problems under the leadership of higher-level technicians.
5. Performs seasonal overhauls and transitions of systems to and from heating/cooling.
6. Performs building system repairs in coordination with operators of the centralized Energy Management and Control System.
7. Makes daily rounds, repairs, and services kitchen/food service equipment, walk in coolers and freezers.
8. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
9. Documents facilities maintenance requirements, maintains appropriate records of work performed.
10. Request parts and supplies as needed for tasks including parts pick up at local vendors.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
12. Attends regular safety meetings and works in a safe manner.
13. A valid California driver’s license is required. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction and training to employees or part-time Student Workers. Could be responsible for directing/coordinating with outside contractors and/or volunteers. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Ability to operate and maintain utility plant equipment.
§ Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
§ Ability to perform inspections and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
§ Knowledge of low-pressure boilers, chilled water production units, compressors, turbines, generating units and water systems.
§ Ability to test boiler and cooling waters to ensure compliance with set standards.
§ Ability to work in elevated locations up to 75 feet.
§ Ability to monitor operating conditions by reading meters, gauges, and automatic recording devices.
§ Ability to test systems and log results.
§ Ability to repair and/or replace building mechanical systems components, including programmable logic controls, control valves, sensors, etc.
§ Ability to perform preventative maintenance according to published guidelines.
§ Working knowledge of refrigerants and refrigerant recovery.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
§ Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
§ Ability to repair building systems that are controlled by a central Energy Management Control System ( EMCS ).
§ Knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures for digitally controlled HVAC systems featuring programmable logic controls. Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED with 3 – 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. 2 related Journeyman Licenses; equivalent military, commercial or industrial experience may substitute for one license. Applicable refrigerant license/certificate required.
Open Date 07/05/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6616 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside