Simulation Operations Specialist I
The role of the Operations Specialist I is to serve as a liaison for the coordination, planning, development, and implementation of all Clinical Simulation Center (CSC) teaching and assessment events. The Operations Specialist facilitates high-fidelity human patient simulated learning, manages simulation equipment, media, computers, and materials related to simulation events; operates and troubleshoots simulation software, and ensures events are executed to the highest level of excellence from beginning to end. The Operations Specialist will represent the Center by supporting faculty, staff, and students with simulation needs (Standardized Patients (SP), simulation equipment, and medical supplies), and assist with the daily operation of the center.
- Assists with the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the Simulation Center. Provide support to counterparts and other staff to ensure consistency across all BCM simulation locations.
- Supports faculty or clients by providing access to the appropriate modality of simulation to meet learning and/or assessment objectives (e.g. Standardized Patients, manikins, task trainers, etc.)
- Provides support to the Simulation Event Software Administrator.
- Monitors simulation program activities.
- Assists with orientation to faculty regarding Simulation Center procedures and use of equipment.
- Assists instructors and learners throughout events to ensure successful learning outcomes.
- Provides on-site assistance to simulation confederates.
- Provides support for learner orientations, individual learner feedback, and/or group debriefing sessions.
- Assists the CSC Managers, and Directors with data collection, data reporting and data analysis.
- Assists the CSC Manager and Directors with implementation, and maintenance of quality improvement metrics dashboards.
- Makes recommendations for annual Simulation Center budget
- Participates in special projects and events.
- Maintains supply inventories for the lab, as well as assist in creating supply orders of clinical skills supplies.
- Assists with the scheduled use of labs, sign-out of equipment, and transportation of simulation equipment needed for simulation events.
- Sets up and assist with the operation of complex simulation equipment throughout simulation events.
- Monitors event scheduling, learner enrollment, and assessment data collection.
- Assists in the management, maintenance, and operation of the simulation facility.
- May work with a variety of animal species and provide preoperative support and monitoring of animal models for experiments and training labs.
- May assist with delivery of cadavers.
- Positions specimens and completes set up of equipment and instruments as required by each session.
- Monitors session and assist lab users as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field. Four years of experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Master's degree.
- Experience with clinical skills labs, simulation labs, or health care environment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston