Asst Director for Student Success
The Assistant Director for Student Success reports to the Director of Admissions and Student Services and is responsible for providing support to the faculty and staff of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine with the goal of increasing retention, supporting academic success, and championing the overall student experience for the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program. The assistant director will maintain a student-centered approach to empowering students while helping them navigate their academic and co-curricular experiences at the college. The assistant director will work with faculty and staff from many different offices and departments at the college to problem solve and create academic support programming for students. Interfacing directly with students is central to the success of this position.
• Bachelor’s degree, plus significant relevant experience.
• Previous experience working in a higher education setting.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience in working with and advising college students.
• Ability to work independently and self-motivated in completing tasks.
• Experience in evidence-based approaches to new initiatives or projects.
• Master’s degree in education, plus significant relevant experience.
• Previous experience in assessing teamwork and providing mediation of poorly functioning teams.
Faculty - Salary
Faculty-Salary: Commensurate with experience
July 15, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Jacquelyn Pelzer at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: July 2, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Veterinary Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg