Assistant\/Associate of Admission
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- 40% Oversee the admission process, including assigning completed applications to Admission Committee, overseeing the voting process, and issuing decisions.
- 40% Write and send all digital communications with prospective students through the entire enrollment pipeline. This includes managing email, social media, print materials, and website content related to law school admission. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the university marketing office and outside vendors to develop and implement marketing and recruitment strategies to recruit and enroll a law school class that meets the university’s goals.
- 15% Collect and analyze data from marketing campaigns to help the admission office make better decisions about recruiting and enrollment. The ideal candidate will think creatively to find additional sources of data to better engage prospective students and ultimately to increase applications and more effectively yield new law students.
- 5% Assist in the overall success of the admission office, which may include helping at in-person and virtual law admission events, counseling prospective law students, and generally serving as a concierge to provide a high level of service to our prospective students.
- Bachelor's degree and two to four years of experience required.
- Strong writing skills are required. Feel free to submit any writing samples along with your application.
- Computer skills are required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, and the ability to meet deadlines.
Suffolk University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as the Assistant/Associate Director of Admission! This new position will manage the admission process and digital communications for the admission office. This is a great early career opportunity for a strong writer who wants to learn about law school admission and marketing. The ideal candidate will develop clear messaging and data-driven marketing campaigns to increase applications and help recruit and enroll a quality and diverse incoming class.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.