Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Shenandoah University, an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference is searching for qualified applicants for a full-time Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a 10-month/Full-time position with benefits located on our main campus in Winchester, VA.
The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach reports to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and assists in the development and implementation of programs that enhance the strength, conditioning, and movement enhancement for student-athletes. The assistant will also work collaboratively with the Sports Medicine staff to promote the health, safety, and performance of student-athletes.
- Coordinates with head coaches to help develop, implement, and monitor daily, weekly, and yearly strength and conditioning programs for assigned varsity sports programs including traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Ensures a standard of excellence among student-athletes in and out of the weight room.
- Aids in the proper instruction, supervision, and compliance of all strength and conditioning related activities, along with education regarding proper sports nutrition and recovery.
- Performs duties associated with the daily operations of the weight room and services provided.
- Assists with the rehabilitation programs of student-athletes.
- Assists with student employee management. Includes training, mentoring, and supervision of student-employee staff.
- Assists with facility safety, cleanliness, and equipment maintenance.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
- Mentors student athletes.
This position requires a bachelor's degree as well as CSCA or SCCC certification. Certification in First Aid, AED and CPR. Preferred qualifications include a master’s degree in a related field and/or two years of college strength and conditioning coaching experience.
Excellent oral and written communication, organizational skills and strong work ethic. Must also have the ability to work independently and work collaboratively with all segments of the university community.
Repetitive movements of the body – demonstrating lifting movements. Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs and perform all duties associated with running a weight training facility in an intercollegiate athletics environment.
Non-business hour schedule (nights and weekends) typical. Some travel may be required.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.