Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Tuition Counselor
Department: Business and Finance
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Manager
Status: Full-time, benefit eligible *on campus
Position Summary: Assists in the day-to-day activities related to the Business Office and other administrative responsibilities. Collects payments and assists students with account inquiries. Handles all walk-in, front desk interaction, including phone and email contact with students.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Answer phones and respond to emails for the Business Office. Review, advise and reconcile current account problems by researching and analyzing individual accounts. Function as a centralized resource to academic and administrative departmental personnel regarding payment matters. Initiate communication and collaborate with departments within the institution to provide excellent customer service.
2. Maintain all third party billings to students’ accounts: direct company billings, tuition vouchers, tuition assistance, etc. Prepare invoices and collect payments from third party agencies for student tuition and fees. Review and post book voucher charges and credits, and Post 9/11 Educational Benefits.
3. Responsible for all aspects of payment processing, including petty cash reimbursements for faculty and staff as well as processing department receipts for University personnel, which requires the sound knowledge and application of cashiering principles and operations in a University environment.
4. Take turns with other staff to open/close Cashier Office. Balance cash drawer and receipts at end of shift. On closing days, tally total payments received for the day from other cashier drawers and prepare the day’s bank deposit, ensuring all funds are locked securely in the University safe overnight.
5. Pursue location of debtors by researching addresses, telephone numbers and other skip tracing techniques. Assist in maintaining files and records, document all contacts with debtors; update information on database system.
1. Provide backup to other Business Office staff as needed.
2. Assist the Business Office in new student orientations at times.
3. Address any additional Business Office issues as needed.
Education: High School Graduate required. Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent amount of experience.
Experience: Over 1 year up to 3 years
Specific Skills: Customer service, data entry, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, telephone presence, writing skills, cash-handling experience, database management skills.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office, Ten-Key
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): N/A
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Use of computer screen, phone and customer service.
May require bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Usual office environmental conditions
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle