The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The primary responsibilities of the IT Generalist include serving
as the primary point of contact for the technology needs of the
campus; coordinating systems support staff for the campus; and
ensuring and communicating uniform configuration and services with
other USAHS campuses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures and maintains computer equipment,
peripherals and software for the user community.
- Acts as point of contact with vendors to resolve technical
problems with desktop computing equipment and software; arranges
schedules and appointments to facilitate resolution.
- Responds to, updates and closes user generated tickets;
partners with help desk and Systems Operations staff as appropriate
to determine and resolve problems received from end users;
documents all help desk activity in Zendesk.
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse
systems including file servers, email servers, video conferencing
systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Performs classroom AV set-up, configuration and dismantle.
- Orients new employees to use hardware and software in
accordance with department processes; performs off-boarding
deactivation as necessary for departing employees.
- Identifies, recommend and/or performs system/software upgrades
as necessary. Assesses needs to determine necessity for hardware
and software purchases; Initiates purchase orders and obtains
approvals in accordance with University guidelines.
- Updates and maintains flow charts and word documents to
document IT department policies and processes.
- Manages and maintains system back-up tapes
- Manages computer equipment inventory.
- Follows University’s core values
- Supports and demonstrates student-centered behaviors
- Upholds University’s professional ethics and integrity
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the art developments through
attendance at professional meetings and seminars and
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
: Manager, IT Help Desk
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The appropriate candidate for this position would possess a strong
business acumen working independently and across teams. We are
looking for driven self-starters who are able to collaborate across
all levels and teams within an organization. Effective written and
oral communication is a must. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Office (including MS Access) suite required. Experience working in
an Agile development environment a plus.
- Undergraduate Degree (Preferably in CIS, CS, IS or other
computing area) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in IT support
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with Office 365 preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint administration
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft product suite
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to
interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty,
staff and students as well as external constituencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least
minimum liability insurance required by State.
- Ability to travel within the United States as
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national