Assistant/Associate Director, Donor Relations
Assistant/Associate Director, Donor Relations
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Assistant/Associate Director, Donor Relations position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The Assistant/Associate Director, Donor Relations reports to the Director of Advancement Services and is responsible for leading all donor relations initiatives. This individual works as a member of the Institutional Advancement team, and coordinates their activities with those of other units in Institutional Advancement and other units at PCOM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist in the building and strengthening of relationships with
donors and prospects by having a thoughtful understanding of
individual designations, criteria, and how funds can and cannot be
- Familiarity with any special considerations and/or preferences
for donor contacts.
- Research and craft donor reports for endowed funds as well as
outright scholarships, prizes, and awards to provide information
such as fund values, recipient names, student thank you letters and
an accounting of expenditures on an annual basis. Utilizing both
electronic software (ODDER) and United State mail.
- Manage weekly donor acknowledgment letter process. Craft custom
acknowledgment letters for the leadership signatures as
- Design and manage annual donor impact reports working with
leadership and the marketing team.
- Work to create and implement highly individualized projects,
including, but not limited to; personalized stewardship plans for
top donors; donor recognition societies and projects, donor signage
and recognition events including the arrangement of special
meetings for donors and their fund beneficiaries.
- Maintain an annual schedule for scholarship processes, award
funds, and lectureships and keep donors and leadership informed of
- Plan and manage customized donor stewardship videos, using
electronic software (Thank View) throughout the year.
- Administer student travel application process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan and manage logistics of cultivation, recognition and
stewardship events, designed to increase awareness and support of
the College. Both in person and online events.
- Will be the primary decision maker on site at events with the
ability to direct activities at his/her discretion.
- Manage registration for events, including creating and
maintaining registration lists, coordinating with guests and campus
representatives, printing name tags, and coordinating table
- Assist the Director of Advancement Services in ensuring that
all donor funds are spent properly and according to the donor’s
- Work with financial aid and awards committees to grant
- Assist with research and drafting reports for endowed funds
(chairs, programs), as well as outright scholarships, prizes and
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a minimum of five years of
experience in a comparable position.
- Experience working in higher education institutional
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as
good listening, organizational, and computer skills.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of databases,
Microsoft: Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as a
member of a team.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- A driver’s license is required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
All applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East