Administrative Assistant, Physician Assistant Studies
Administrative Assistant, Physician Assistant Studies
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Administrative Assistant, Physician Assistant Studies position at the Georgia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
This position requires a working understanding of the development and sustainment of a Physician Assistant Program. Employee reports directly to the Assistant Director/Site Director of the Physician Assistant Program and performs multiple administrative and clerical duties in support of the Physician Assistant Program. Dynamic, interpersonal, and strong organizational skills are required. Must have a cohesive working style and be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks with time-limited goals. Must be detail orientated and capable of becoming proficient in electronic software including but not limited to, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Publisher, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; E*Value; Blackboard; ExamSoft, and ExamDriver.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Exercises significant independence and initiative in the
performance of responsibilities.
- Supports departmental faculty clerically by preparing typed
correspondence, reports, PowerPoint presentations, and other
- Assists the Assistant Director in procurement of clinical sites
by maintaining affiliation documents and corresponding regularly
with each site. Assists and supports the processing of affiliation
agreements. Develops student rotation schedules and organizes
housing for the Philadelphia campus Physician Assistant Program in
a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs mail merges as requested.
- Assists in scheduling times and locations for interactive
multi-media lectures. Assists with scheduling and organizing guest
lecturers, information sessions, and faculty/student
- Supports all programmatic activities such as meetings, hooding
ceremonies, and graduation activities.
- Maintains and updates student files.
- Maintains and organizes office and clinical supply
- Performs continuous process improvement to automate and
- Answers telephone, processes correspondence, and handles
difficult people professionally.
- Maintains confidentiality in sensitive situations.
- Makes copies, sends and receives faxes, prints documents, files
and maintains department documents.
- Enters data into electronic systems for PA student
- Supports the handling of selected criminal background and drug
- Maintains communication with physician assistant training sites
and keeps the PA Department Chair, Philadelphia campus Site
Director, and faculty advised of issues affecting Suwanee campus PA
- Enters and maintains required preceptor and clinical site data
in clinical database including CV, license, affiliation
agreement(s), preceptor information forms and site
- Enters and maintains updated preceptor availability for
upcoming clinical year in clinical
database in an ongoing fashion.
- Organizes and secures student packet to include letter of good
standing, student bio, verification of completion of HIPAA
training, and OSHA training, verification of
completion of criminal background checks and any other information that may be
required. Supplies this information to preceptor as scheduled by preceptor or hospital site.
- Performs other duties as assigned by program staff and/or
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree or some technical training beyond high
school is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years secretarial/clerical/administrative experience
- Must be proficient in software packages such as Microsoft
Office Suite. Working knowledge of Blackboard and Banner is
- Good interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills are
- Must have a cohesive working style and be able to handle
multiple concurrent tasks with time limited goals.
- Must be a detailed oriented individual and be flexible.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- No Board Certification or Board Eligibility is required.
- Primarily sedentary work. Occasionally may lift supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility in order to use personal computer
and office equipment.
- Occasional standing/walking.
All applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Suwanee
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Suwanee
- Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Suwanee
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Suwanee
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Suwanee