At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Standardized Patients position at the Georgia campus with highly qualified and passionate individuals.
Seeking individuals who will role-play medical issues and help evaluate clinical and interpersonal skills of medical students. Candidates must be willing to participate in a series of physical exams while in a hospital gown in a simulated clinical exam room. Non-invasive procedures are performed. Scheduling is on an as-needed basis on various days.
- Paid training
- $20.50 per hour
- Part-time temporary position (no guarantee of consistent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Simulate a patient and portray a variety of physical symptoms
- Participate in a series of physical examinations wearing a
- Memorize detailed case information and respond to student
- Accurately recall student performance during clinical
- Evaluate students on clinical and interpersonal skills
utilizing various evaluation tools.
- Provide verbal and/or written feedback to students based on a
specific set of guidelines.
Occasional additional duties and expectations include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Performing various administrative and technical tasks.
- Assisting with:
- Supporting in any way necessary to contribute to the operation
and function of the Program.
- Flexibility regarding duties, scheduling, and assignments is
- Bilingual Spanish skills are helpful
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background check.
- Reliability, punctuality, flexibility, dependable
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, daily email
- Strong reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability/willingness to:
- Provide verbal or written feedback to students in clear English
based on specific guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to program and
- Dress in a patient gown with only undergarments
- Undergo detailed physical examination by medical
- Be observed live and audio/video recorded.
- Accept ongoing feedback from staff and colleagues.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience necessary - medical or acting experience is
helpful, but not essential.
- Sit on an exam table or stand for up to four hours without a
- Frequently change positions (i.e. sit, stand, bend, twist,
squat, lie down) for up to four (4) hours.
- Lift up to 30 pounds at one time without assistance.
All inquiries MUST include:
- Cover Letter
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.