Supervisor of Mail Services
Supervisor of Mail Services
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Supervisor of Mail Services position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The supervisor of mail services supervises the mail clerk and FWS students (when applicable) to ensure all tasks for the mail areas are performed timely and accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervise mail personnel to ensure all mail tasks are completed
timely and accurately. Ensures proper coverage at all times.
- Responsible for processing and completion of all bulk mail
- Responsible for computer importing and exporting of files in
various formats to be automated for the best postal discounts
- Operates and maintains computer addressing system, tabbing,
inserting, labeling, and mail processing equipment for mail and
bulk mail projects.
- Conduct and document proper training of all mail
- Processes bulk mailings through Pitney Bowes and Quadient
systems; mail merge, inserting and addressing letter and envelope
- Sorts, processes, seals and posts all outgoing mail by hand or
machine in compliance with USPS regulations
- Assist with sorting and distributing mail to the correct
destination, according to schedule, all incoming and interoffice
mail and small parcels.
- Assist with opening and determining the destination of all
incompletely addressed mail. Processes daily mail that needs to be
returned or forwarded
- Functions as the timekeeper for Distribution Services on all
- Responsible for replenishing funds in PA mail accounts
- Responsible for completion of monthly reports to be distributed
to various departments.
- Accurately utilizes all of distribution services’ technology
and softwares including but not limited to the Microsoft suite,
Quadient’s WTS handheld palm pilots, Quadient’s WTS receiving
software, Banner, Unimarket, Chrome River, Pitney Bowes, and
Quadient’s shipping and reporting system.
- Picks up, delivers mail, and parcels using company owned
vehicles as needed.
- Maintains established institutional and department policies and
procedures, objectives and quality and safety standards.
- Operates equipment safely; adjusts, cleans and maintains the
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested..
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a criminal background check
- Associate’s degree or equivalent related experience,
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years shipping and receiving experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications is required
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record are
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Extremely heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
All applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East