Assistant Professor, Mental Health Counseling
Assistant Professor, Mental Health Counseling
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Assistant Professor, Mental Health Counseling position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The MS in Mental Health Counseling program within the Department of Counseling in the School of Professional and Applied Psychology at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), which is seeking CACREP accreditation, is seeking a Pennsylvania-licensed or license-eligible full-time (12 month) tenure track faculty position, entering at the Assistant Professor level. This position is already funded.
Faculty members develop meaningful relationships with students for academic, career, and personal advising, and all faculty contribute to the PCOM’s mission through active participation on committees and other activities of the institution.
This position is based at PCOM, Philadelphia, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Teaching core courses in the MS in Mental Health Counseling
- Mentoring and advising students in scholarly activities, and
providing clinical supervision through field experience
- Scholarly activity in areas of specialty.
- Participation in program and university committee work.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- ABD in Counselor Education and Supervision (CES) from a CACREP
accredited University with conferral of degree within one year of
- Preferred: doctoral degree in counseling from CACREP-accredited
counselor education program; teaching experience at the graduate
- Desire to teach courses in a program that values integrated
- A planned program of scholarly activity.
- Experience and excellence in teaching and mentoring students
being trained in a practitioner-scholar model.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaborative skills -
- Strong commitment to mentoring students - essential.
- Specialized expertise in individual and cultural diversity,
research methods, interprofessional education/integrated
healthcare, and/or rehabilitation counseling.
- Preferred: Ability and desire to teach courses within our
addictions and correctional counseling concentration.
- Potential to secure grant funding (preferred).
- Demonstrated successful teaching and mentoring experience in a
counselor education program.
- Ability to assist program leadership to maintain CACREP
accreditation standards and pursue alternate teaching modalities
- Experience in clinical supervision of students
All inquiries MUST include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Statement of teaching philosophy
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East