We are pleased to announce an opening for a full-time, (40 hours, 12-month) Catering Chef position in Dining Services. This position will organize and oversee the day to day operations of all Faculty House meals and catering functions on campus. Responsible for the oversight of daily/weekly ordering of food and supplies ensuring quality and consistency. Oversight of the production of food for consistency, flavor, and presentation. Responsible for overall sanitation of the kitchen, equipment, and storage areas. Supervise all kitchen staff and support. Initial schedule of forty hours weekly year-round. Schedule may include overtime as required. Work schedule may vary to include evenings and weekends as required.
Williams College has transformed its student body, faculty, and staff in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Responsible for the planning, production, organizing and supervising of a wide variety of catered events and other special venues on campus, taking into consideration the preferences of a diverse community and displaying an understanding of various ethnic dishes, vegetarian, vegan and religious cuisines as it applies to menu developing.
- Ensures all food items on the service line are accurately labeled for food allergens, generated from FSS utilizing et Nutrition and Bartender program.
- Ensures the daily utilization of Lean Path Waste Reporting System for pre-consumer waste.
- Meets regularly with the Director of Catering, Executive Chef and Sr. Operations Mission Park Production manager and/or manager assigned to specific events to coordinate production and staffing needs for large catering and all campus student events.
- Ensures that the unit’s FY forecasted budget is operating as budgeted in the areas of food, labor, and direct expense. Reviews PeopleSoft reports on a weekly basis, analyze monthly financial reports and expenditures.
- Responsible for menu forecasting and ordering on a timely basis using CBORD/FSS System. Accepting, evaluating, and storage of food to be used on weekly menu. Supports sustainable program by purchasing locally grown produce when possible. Ensures proper food storage per MA. Food Code and maintains inventory levels not greater than two weeks.
- Proper uniform and personal hygiene as set forth by Williams Dining Services is required at all times. Must be current in BBP and MSDS training. Ensures kitchen staff abide by policy at all times
- Establishes with manager daily/weekly cleaning schedules for unit kitchen and assigns staff responsibilities. Supervises and assigns kitchen staff for major cleaning during pre-established dates.
- Assists the manager in the development/interaction of the kitchen staff as a professional team including customer and staff relations, ensuring that all issues are addressed in accordance with Williams Dining Services Conflict Resolution Policy.
- Bachelor's Degree or Culinary Degree from an accredited university, college, or culinary association preferred
- 5+ years' experience in a similar culinary management position in retail, manufacturing or education services
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to relate to customers and staff in an effective and culturally competent manner and work either as part of a team or without immediate supervision is required
- Ability to lift heavy objects, stand, and remain active for long periods of time
- Serve Safe and/or HACCP federal guideline certification is necessary
- Ability to drive a catering truck is required
Application review will begin on July 8, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay starts around $26 per hour, commensurate with experience. Job band S09. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown