A 40-hour per week, 12-month, year-round position for Baker,
reporting to the Executive Chef is available. This position will
prepare the highest quality baked goods, coordinating baking
schedules, to produce breads, cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and
other goods in the Williams College Bake Shop for student dining
and catering events. The schedule will be Monday – Friday 3:00 a –
11:30 a, with Saturday and Sunday off. All schedules are subject to
change based on the needs of the department.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and
strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who
have experience working with a broadly diverse customer population
- Using standardized recipes produces quality baked goods for
breakfast, lunch, dinner, catered events and other special requests
as directed by the Lead Baker.
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment
including: ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and
- Involved in the development and use of standardized recipes,
methods and techniques.
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads,
rolls, and some desserts.
- Decorates baked goods, such as cream pies, using a pastry
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending
machines, so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to
- Measures or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare
batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or
- Prepare garnishes as needed for baked goods.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs
of the particular outlet or function.
- Ensures proper HACCP guidelines while following the MA. Code as
they pertain to food, inventory control and sanitation. Ensures
prepared food is covered and stored properly per MA. Food
- Ensures all food items are labelled for allergen safety
utilizing Net Nutrition and Bartender Labelling system.
- Interacts effectively with customers and staff ensuring two-way
communication. Proper uniform and personal hygiene as set forth by
Williams Dining Services is required at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years of baking experience
- Current SERVSAFE certification or has successfully completed a
sanitation course within the past year
- Must be able to work independently, stand for prolonged periods
of time, and handle heavy material involving lifting of at least 40
lbs and bending and complete duties as assigned
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess strong customer
- Knowledge and ability to serve guests with the highest level of
professional service is required
- Ability to relate to customers and staff in a professional
manner is essential
- Prior technical or culinary training preferred.
Application review will begin on July 27, 2021, and will continue
until the position is filled. Pay starts around $20, commensurate
with experience. Job band S08. Please visit
https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of
background information submitted by the applicant, including the
completion of a criminal record check, and education when
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination,
Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and
thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If
reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please feel free to contact us via
phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.