A 40-hour per week, 12-month, year-round position for Baker, reporting to the Executive Chef is available. This position will prepare the highest quality baked goods, coordinating baking schedules, to produce breads, cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and other goods in the Williams College Bake Shop for student dining and catering events. The schedule will be Monday – Friday 3:00 a – 11:30 a, with Saturday and Sunday off. All schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse customer population to apply.
- Using standardized recipes produces quality baked goods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catered events and other special requests as directed by the Lead Baker.
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment including: ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and refrigerators.
- Involved in the development and use of standardized recipes, methods and techniques.
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads, rolls, and some desserts.
- Decorates baked goods, such as cream pies, using a pastry bag.
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines, so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Measures or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or graduated containers.
- Prepare garnishes as needed for baked goods.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet or function.
- Ensures proper HACCP guidelines while following the MA. Code as they pertain to food, inventory control and sanitation. Ensures prepared food is covered and stored properly per MA. Food Code.
- Ensures all food items are labelled for allergen safety utilizing Net Nutrition and Bartender Labelling system.
- Interacts effectively with customers and staff ensuring two-way communication. Proper uniform and personal hygiene as set forth by Williams Dining Services is required at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years of baking experience
- Current SERVSAFE certification or has successfully completed a sanitation course within the past year
- Must be able to work independently, stand for prolonged periods of time, and handle heavy material involving lifting of at least 40 lbs and bending and complete duties as assigned
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess strong customer service skills
- Knowledge and ability to serve guests with the highest level of professional service is required
- Ability to relate to customers and staff in a professional manner is essential
- Prior technical or culinary training preferred.
Application review will begin on July 27, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay starts around $20, commensurate with experience. Job band S08. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown