Building Security Officer
- Responsible for protecting the safety and security of persons, equipment and facilities on State grounds.
- Securing College-owned buildings after business hours by locking exterior doors and windows of each structure.
- Inspecting interiors of buildings for fire and other safety hazards, as well as unauthorized persons.
- Reporting all problems concerning maintenance of College buildings to the dispatcher.
- Responding to all campus emergencies.
- Servicing Students, Faculty and Staff by walking or vehicle escorts.
- Writing incident and administrative reports as well as enforcing all college policies.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of experience as security officer OR-
- 2 years of experience in customer service expertise
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- 5 years’ experience preferred
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education