Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Program Specialist
University Code 14236 University Title Senior Community Engagement Education Specialist 3 University Job Family Community Engagement & Outreach ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Program Specialist Position Number 592900 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department SOESpecEd&DP: PPD Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Virginia Department of Education’s Training and Technical Assistance Center (T/ TAC ) at Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) is seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to serve in the position of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support ( MTSS ) Program Specialist. This person will join a team of Program Specialists who provide training and technical assistance to schools, school divisions, and state-operated programs in the central and Southside Virginia regions. Technical assistance is focused on the implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support ( MTSS ) across regions 1 & 8 for students with disabilities. This is a full-time grant-funded University and Academic Professional position. The position is located at the T/ TAC office in Richmond. Salary will be determined by experience in the field and educational degrees obtained. Full benefits will accompany the position. Minimum Hiring Standards
● Master’s Degree in Special Education, Administration & Supervision, or closely related field ● A minimum of 5 years direct coaching experience in a technical assistance capacity ● A minimum of 3 years of direct coaching related to Multi-Tiered Systems of Support ● A minimum of 7 years teaching experience at the elementary or secondary level ● Extensive experience with development and implementation of professional development training integrating technology ● Experience with program evaluation strategies and methods ● Experience coaching division-based teams in the implementation of academic, behavioral, and social-emotional components of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support ● Proficient knowledge of the components of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support ● Experience implementing MTSS at the division and/or school level ● Experience with analyzing data for decision making at the division and/or school level. knowledge in the analysis and school-based data ● Developing, leading, implementing, monitoring, and collaborating with other educators in the division-wide and/or school-wide implementation of a MTSS framework ● Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage work assignments in an efficient manner ● Ability to facilitate groups of educators through the change process ● Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form using positive interpersonal skills with a variety of stakeholders • Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU Other duties as assigned Preferred Hiring Standards
● Experience as a technical assistance provider supporting school-based teams in the area of MTSS ● Prior experience or a lead role in the implementation of MTSS at the division level ● SWIS facilitator ● SIM Professional Developer ( CER or LS) ● Degree or certification in special education, reading, or mathematics ● Familiarity with policies and procedures of Virginia public schools Required Licenses/ Certifications
● Valid Virginia Teaching License or eligible to receive one Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with Experience Application Process/Additional Information
Your application should include: 1) an application letter describing how your education and employment experiences meet the required qualifications, 2) a complete and current vita, 3) three professional references whom we may contact directly (including telephone numbers and email addresses who have knowledge of your professional abilities and characteristics).
Approved travel expenses will be reimbursed using the state rate.
The Richmond T/ TAC Office is located at 700 E. Franklin Street. Parking is at the expense of the employee, and may be purchased through the VCU Parking office.
Campus Off-site Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F; Evenings and Weekends as necessary Job Open Date 07/01/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Miscellaneous Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107493 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The School of Education values the following as our culture
statement, 'The School of Education (SOE) recognizes that trust
among all members of the SOE community is the foundation of a
positive work climate. Realizes that our well-being as an
institution depends upon the wellbeing of our members. Respects all
members, new and continuing, regardless of status. Values honest
communication and finding ways to respectfully address difficult
issues. Strives to listen without bias and search for common
understanding. Is committed to equity, fairness and a level playing
field for all of its members. Knows that the SOE community thrives,
because of diverse viewpoints and areas of expertise. Fosters
collaboration, collegiality and mutual support among all members of
its community.' Please describe ways in which you have worked to
foster this type of culture in the professional workplace or in
your everyday life.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have a Master’s degree in Special Education,
Administration & Supervision or a closely related field?
Do you have a valid Virginia teaching license or are eligible
to obtain one?
Do you have a minimum of five years direct coaching experience
in a technical assistance capacity?
Do you have a minimum of three years of direct coaching
related to Multi-Tiered Systems of Support?
Are you willing to travel in State Superintendents Regions 1
& 8 during the day and occasionally overnight to meetings held
around the state?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document