Sr. Director, HPM Technical Operations - (STA007652)
Directs the overall activities of the Technical Operations Department and develops long-range plans for all media platforms.
- Directs and supervises the use of all engineering and digital operations personnel.
- Ensures that the long-range technical performance of the station meets the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission and other appropriate licensing authority.
- Ensures that the overall performance of station equipment meets the requirements of the FCC, the standards of the Public Broadcasting Service and the requirements of the station.
- Oversees the preparation of appropriate training materials and procedures to train technical personnel.
- Develops the departmental budget and monitors it to ensure that expenditures are within allocated amounts.
- Develops and maintains station technical plant designs necessary to meet the technical needs of the station.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Senior Director of Houston Public Media Technical Operations Houston Public Media is currently searching for a Sr. Director, Technical Operations. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented and visionary leader for all our engineering and IT operations efforts. The Sr. Director will supervise a talented technical and IT team and provide the vision for Houston Public Media's long-range technical strategy including licensing, equipment, plant operations and FCC compliance. This leader will find innovative solutions to the technical challenges facing Houston Public Media and will help future proof our organization to better serve our community, audiences and stakeholders. The Sr. Director will be a champion for diversity, equity and inclusion and will help build a culture that reflects that ongoing commitment. Houston Public Media is experiencing an exciting period of growth. Our next Sr. Director, Technical Operations will work collaboratively with leaders from the news, revenue, content and programming teams to fulfill our mission. The Houston region is consistently ranked among the best places to live with relatively low cost of living, a diverse population and exciting recreational activities. Professional sports, ample outdoor activities, arts, science, culture and an eclectic food scene. Houston is a great place to call home! We look forward to learning more about you and helping you learn more about us.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston