Development Coordinator 1 (HPM) - (STA007686)
Participates in the development and implementation of advancement programs (annual funds, alumni relations, special events, stewardship, public relations, etc.). Plans and executes related activities and administrative functions; provides technical knowledge and experience in basic fund-raising principles and advancement activities. Develops a basic knowledge of fund-raising principles and advancement activities.
- Assists development staff, managers and administrators in implementing annual funds and grassroots programs for alumni and other donor constituent groups.
- Participates in assigned fundraising activities such as direct mail, alumni relations, membership drives, reunions, special events, stewardship, etc.
- Develops and prepares acknowledgements, newsletters, brochures, press releases, reports, correspondence, and informational and solicitation materials for various advancement activities.
- Plans and conducts meetings, events, and activities to recruit volunteers, build relations with alumni, and maintain good will with various constituent groups.
- Provides guidance and supervision as needed to volunteer student organizations involved in fund-raising and other advancement activities.
- Executes various administrative functions such as preparing gift documentation and monitoring budgets.
- Participates in University-wide development activities as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and No experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
No experience is required.
Additional Information/ Preferred Qualifications:
This position requires high-level project coordination, critical thinking and resourcefulness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Power Point and calendar management
- Project management and the knowledge of tools to be successful is a plus
- Experience in crafting proposals and in event management
- Vendor management and inventory management experience a plus
- Experience in creating marketing materials
- Note: Please include 3 professional references with your attachments
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston