Director of Admissions
Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) is one of the leading academic institutions for integrative health in the nation. For nearly 40 years, MUIH has educated and informed leaders in health and wellness through transformative and relationship-centered programs that draw from contemporary science and traditional wisdom. MUIH offers graduate degrees and certificates in a wide range of natural medicine disciplines, both on campus and online. MUIH’s on-site Natural Care Center (NCC) offers compassionate and affordable healthcare from clinical interns and professional practitioners.
Our commitment to diversity makes our organization stronger and is central to fulfilling our mission as healers. As we open ourselves to a variety of viewpoints and experiences, we naturally become more compassionate and better able to address complex problems in our community, our nation, and the world. Deepening our understanding and caring for all people propels our commitment to addressing health care disparities and reaching underserved populations with integrative health care.
The Director of Admissions is enthusiastic about the MUIH mission and thrives on building effective relationships with colleagues and prospective students in service of achieving University enrollment goals. With the guidance of Enrollment Management leadership, this position supports the strategic planning and execution of new policies and procedures. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, this position offers growth and leadership opportunities for a qualified and dedicated candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the daily operations of the areas within the Admissions and Recruitment.
- Determines the rational, justification and selection of electronic solutions and systems to support departmental responsibilities;
- Manages the departmental budgets for the areas of responsibility;
- Maintains high standards of customer services and develops a system of staff accountability;
- Evaluates staff performance according to institutional requirements;
- Develops, implements and coordinates all programs including the selection, hiring, training, and supervision of staff;
- Develops and implements documentation and reporting of recruitment and admissions activities;
- Works with the Vice President for Enrollment management, analyzes and reports recruitment and admissions data and identifies trends;
- Works collaboratively with the Vice President for Enrollment Management and other directors and leaders to develop and execute enrollment strategies;
- Develops, implements and supports and effective orientation program for new students;
- Plans and coordinates on-campus and online programs for prospective students.
- Represents the college on school district committees and councils as appropriate, and work collaboratively with instruction on joint college and school district evaluation and assessment/placement activities;
- Works closely with various units to plan outreach activities and provide accommodations for students with special needs as appropriate;
- Oversees staff hiring, training, professional development, and performance management processes;
- Serves on committees and cross-functional teams as appropriate;
- Updates knowledge and skills by attending workshops, conferences, meetings, maintaining appropriate memberships and other professional development opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Student Services or related field.
- Five (5) years of higher education experience;
- Three (3) years progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity with leadership experience in promoting collaborative decision-making processes;
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse populations.
- Incumbent must have exceptionally strong communication and counseling skills to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty, administrators and others in the academic, corporate and foundation communities;
- Experience with financial aid and FERPA regulations and guidelines.
- Master's Degree in Student Services or related field; Experience:
- Seven (7) years of experience overseeing an admissions/enrollment environment;
- At least five (5) years of direct experience in a CRM or student information management system
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Experience with staff development and training
- Experience managing remote employees
- Experience working in a call center environment and with telephony reporting and technology
- Associate Director of Admissions
- Admissions Counseling Staff
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.