Senior Research Administration Associate
The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking a Senior Research Administrative Associate to oversee all administrative and operational aspects of a research clinical center. In addition, this position will assist with managing large multi-site clinical trials and consortiums. Our program has innovative research protocols surrounding complications with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and endocrine disease. Our faculty works diligently in developing new treatments to support clinical and translational research programs. The position will be located at the Houston Medical Center Building (Travis Building).
- Ensures timely IRB submissions and maintains up-to-date approvals.
- Tracks study recruitment and participant visits at the different BCM locations where participant study visits are conducted and maintain clinical site schedules.
- Ensures protocol implementation and reports protocol deviations.
- Collaborates with other project managers of the Data Coordinating Center of the consortium.
- Liaison between the Principal Investigator and BCM research administration.
- Handles contracts and invoices for the CRC and MRU units.
- Collaborates in the submission of grants, including pre and post-award management.
- Participates in budgeting activities and maintain/track study supplies, orders, accounts and vendor contracts.
- Provides guidance to research coordinators and staff to ensure study protocols are performed appropriately.
- Ensures daily operations are followed according to BCM’s policies.
- Provides training and guidance as needed.
- Reviews and approves time off requests.
- Assists investigators to prepare federal contracts and subcontract submissions internally.
- Serves as liaison between PI and Research administration to correct applications and create/execute sub-award agreements.
- Gathers and creates documents necessary for grant submission including budgets, budget justification, other support, statement of work, and communicate timelines to the investigator to ensure applications are submitted on time to the central office for review and approval.
- Ensures investigators and applications are compliant with all guidelines.
Clinical Site Management
- Responsible for organizing meeting schedules, agendas at a local and study-wide level of the consortium.
- Maintains clinical site schedules.
- Coordinates Texas Children's and BCM research site operations.
- Manages database of study-wide participants.
- Participates in committee calls and works with PI and research staff to accomplish deliverables.
- Collaborates with study-wide leadership in all aspects of project management.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Four years of experience in a research administration setting working on federal award/grant management, clinical trial coordination and project management.
- Must have experience in multi-site clinical trials.
- Experience recruiting and retaining study participants.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.