Research Administration Associate
The OCR Research Administration Associate ("RAA") supports BCM's clinical research initiative through managing the full life cycle of clinical research contracts. The RAA is responsible for drafting, negotiating, and managing, all contracts related to clinical research funded by industry sponsors. The RAA is responsible for ensuring that all terms and conditions of the contract are acceptable in accordance with BCM standards, ensures the safety of our human subjects, and ensures that all provisions are to the best interest of BCM and its Principal Investigators ("PI").
This position is business transactional in nature. It is a high volume, fast paced work load, so exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task is a must. Prior contract management/administration experience, or a background in studying legal transactions is preferred.
- Handles the negotiation and processing of contracts for industry sponsored clinical research.
- Handles the drafting, negotiation, execution, and processing of industry sponsored clinical research contracts.
- Manages the contract funding process in BRAIN.
- Consistently updates the CTA/CDA database throughout the life cycle of each contract.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
• An advanced degree in a related field may be considered in lieu of relevant work experience.
• Prior contract management and negotiation experience, preferably related to clinical research.
• Prior administrative work experience in an academic research setting.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.