Science Facilities Coordinator
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein's major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state's first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal
and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to
our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we
- Manage and oversee the Departmental shared equipment and shared work areas.
- Repair small items of equipment from individual labs
- Maintain instruments in Common Equipment Rooms and Dark Room
- Check on instrument operation
- Create and maintain Emergency Contact Cards for freezers, refrigerators and controlled temp rooms
- Maintain oil pumps, lyophilzer, Speed Vac dryers, and gel dryers.
- Maintain fume hoods.
- Maintain liquid Nitrogen supply.
- Have broken instrument repaired in Departmental Research Facilities and individual labs.
- Oversee and update instrument service contracts
- Minor equipment repair: Pipettmen, stirrers, shakers, electrophoresis equipment etc.
- Bachelor's Degree with a Science major
- 3-5 years of related experience in equipment maintenance, as well as computer experience, administrative and organizational skills.
Scientific Facilities Coordinator, Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York: The Department is seeking a person who is capable of organizing and maintaining common equipment and shared facilities and repairing equipment (microcentrifuges, shakers etc). Candidates should have knowledge of electronic and mechanical aspects of equipment maintenance and computer experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating with the users about care and use of the shared equipment and will report to the Departmental Shared Facilities Committee. The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.