Receiving Teller II - Framingham State University
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provide overall clerical support to the Student Accounts Department. Duties include performing clerical support for the general operation of the Student Accounts Department including but not limited to providing exceptional customer service to students, parents, employees and others. Responsible for receiving and posting payments to accounts and receipts. The Receiving Teller II will check accounts for accuracy and conformance with established procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations. Duties include notifying delinquent payers of amounts due, and options available. The position requires searching for sources of account imbalances or discrepancies; preparing reports; disseminating financial information and payment options to students and others; maintaining proper cash control procedures and balancing cash collected, as well as disbursing financial aid.to student accounts. Coordinate and assign some work activities to student workers or contracted employees (1-3) to ensure compliance with laws. Other duties may be assigned as required and as business necessities change. The person in this position must be able to handle multiple and changing tasks in a highly interactive environment and maintain composure in a sometimes stressful environment.
Please review the full Receiving Teller II classification specifications.
Student Workers and Contractors
- Associate Director of Student Accounts/Associate Bursar
- Director of Student Accounts/Bursar
- Indirect from Assistant Director of Student Accounts/Assistant Bursar
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as team member to ensure that all students (prospective/current), parents/guardians, and alumni receive prompt, accurate, friendly, and courteous service from the student accounts department.
- Create/maintain an environment where all who visit the office feel valued and respected.
- Develop, revise, and with approval of supervisor, carry out work procedures, in cooperation with other departments within the Student Services Center, to ensure the efficient and effective flow of work.
- Act as student accounts liaison with other departments within the University.
- Provide student account service to students, parents, and other constituents in person, via email or telephone.
- Disburse financial aid awards to student accounts as scheduled.
- Process Title IV refunds to ensure compliance
- Responsible for interfacing with third-party vendor regarding payment plan options and review to ensure accurate information and reconciliations.
- Works to identify and help resolve any short payments and / or billing vs. payment discrepancies.
- Provides any relevant reconciliations.
- May carry bank deposits to the bank (with campus police escort) and/or university business office.
- Regular and punctual attendance required.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned by the department supervisor.
Work is performed on-site in the Student Services Center. Normal office environment, prolonged periods of time spent sitting and/or standing. Frequent work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer usage at workstation throughout shift. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjustment work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours. Public contact position requiring appropriate business-like apparel.
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, clerical experience the major duties of which involved cashiering, bookkeeping, account recording or the direct handling of funds received or paid out and worked in a fast-paced customer service environment, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the business or commercial course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
II. A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or
equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting
business school above the high school level with major in
bookkeeping, accounting or business administration may be
substituted for a maximum of one year of the required
III. A diploma for completion of a two-year full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business school above the high school level with a major in bookkeeping, accounting or business administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and situations on demand.
- Banner experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience in higher education, specifically student accounts, financial aid, or a student financial services area.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; or a combination of post-secondary education with several years of professional experience in student accounting, making calculations, and determining changing rates and movement of funds.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible position in the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) bargaining unit with the title of Receiving Teller II (Grade 14, Step 1). The bi-weekly pay rate is $1,625.22.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.