Digital Communications Specialist
The Digital Communication Specialist plays an integral role in the Office of Marketing and Communications, which provides overall direction for, and implementation of, marketing communications at Husson, driving branding and visibility to elevate the University. In this role, the Digital Communication Specialist writes, edits, and develops effective communications that: drives inbound, organic traffic; attracts and engages prospective students, alumni and other stakeholders; and promotes internal student- and staff-supported communication initiatives. The Digital Communication Specialist will assist Marketing and Communications in identifying opportunities for developing optimized, actionable content that generates inquires, engages current students, connects alumni, and solidifies employer and community partners. This position will work with the University's content management system (CMS) to update web content with responsibilities in quality control and requires a strong understanding of analytics and optimization. This role reports to the Director of Digital Communications and supports the Executive Director of Marketing in driving strategic conception, development and dissemination of content across multiple channels, target markets, and personas.
- Assist in advancing the content quality and overall user experience of major content areas of the Husson.edu website.
- Develop new content and evaluate existing content to engage various target audiences using SEO, social media, website, email, and more as needed in collaboration with campus offices/departments/divisions.
- Make decisions on website design, strategy, elements, and functionality.
- Analyze, review and implement updates to websites to ensure they are optimized for organic search traffic to improve Husson University's search engine results.
- Create, implement, and monitor keywords for search engine optimization according to best practices to support day-to-day administration of search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns and tactics and identify new keywords to target on search engines (i.e., Google, Bing) and to improve rankings on existing keywords to increase the number of inquiries.
- Partner with the Marketing team on the design templates, production, and maintenance of web pages.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders, and third-party agencies/vendors to implement communications consistently and effectively across all digital platforms including paid digital and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Produce analytics reports and make recommendations for ways to improve digital communications and inform future strategy.
- Participate in web strategy discussions around user experience, structure and engagement supporting content marketing strategy.
- Monitor digital marketing trends across all tactics and channels and apply knowledge to increasing engagement and best practices for University branding.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing Marketing, or related degree program.
- 2+ years of professional experience writing and distributing content across a variety of digital channels (various social media platforms, multimedia sites/services and website content management systems) and other marketing-related print publications in a professional and/or academic marketing and communications setting.
- High level of comfort with developing and writing content.
- Experience working with web content management systems and writing for the web with a SEO focus.
- Excellent Internet-based research skills.
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Experience using data from Google Analytics or other tools to inform decision making.
- Demonstrated success in working within a team project environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, standard social media platforms and tools, and project management software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated; pursues clarification and feedback; attention to detail; drive to completion.
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently and across teams.
- Strong people skills. You'll be working with many team members and third-party partners.