Part-Time Specialist III, Budget and Analysis
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Specialist III, Budget & Analysis supports other staff by performing task-oriented duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and/or operational support under general supervision. Assists with operations of the department as it pertains to college monies including but not limited to purchase cards, travel & expense and purchase orders. Under general supervision, position follows established procedures in the daily operations of the Budget & Analysis Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs, plans and implements basic processes and procedures for a variety of accounting and budget related transactions including but not limited to accounts receivable and/or accounts payable
- Analyze and audit financial procurement card accounts and transactions.Report and record violations. Maintain credit card spreadsheets and data
- Provide instruction and direction to campus personnel on direct pay requests and accounts payable guidelines.Verify for accuracy and submit direct payments for processing
- Prepares, reviews and reconciles a variety of journal entries and general ledger accounts.
- Provide training and assistance on purchasing guidelines to requestors and division managers. May assist with reviewing outstanding purchase orders that need to be closed out by including but not limited to emailing requestors
- Assist campus personnel with Travel and Expense, as necessary. Act as prepay auditor for travel and expense module
- Maintains a variety of logs, Excel spreadsheets, databases and files. Logs and tracks a variety of data
- Assembles information and develops worksheets for budget and audit purposes. Generates various periodic reports
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties asassigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requires detailed analytical skills and a high level of accounting skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel required)
- Ability to follow procedures that may result in interaction with co-workers or other individuals
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general officeequipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of theposition
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safetyhazards
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with PC platform in programs such as Work, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with PeopleSoft
- Prior accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.19
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston