Why you should seriously consider this position...
The Senior Research Associate
(“SRA”) is a vitally important role at Guide for
America (“GFA”) and will work in close collaboration with GFA’s
Senior Research Staff.
Senior Research Associates are industry leading experts
that have deep domain expertise in the most crucial areas that
impact secondary and post-secondary school outcomes. Specifically,
we are focused on hiring individuals with broad expertise in
researching assigned topics and thoroughly documenting findings in
a non-technical format and style.
Guide for America conducts research that improves opportunities
for high school students and families in America. To achieve its
mission the company hires exceptionally talented experts from
education-related fields who perform in-depth research and compile
Freelance compensation of up to $2,000 per week with ability to
set your own hours (expectation of at least 20 hours per week).
SRA’s will work remotely.
Full time opportunities also available but must be located in
the Tri-State area.
Interested candidates should forward a resume
Feel free to reach out with any questions.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses incorporating
professional experience and publicly available resources.
- Create comprehensive research reports on specific issues
impacting secondary school students and their families pursuing
both college and non-college paths.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree; a master’s degree in higher
education, education policy, public policy, statistics, or a
related field is preferred
- Excellent analytic and communication skills (both oral and
written, and in a variety of formats and contexts)
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to deliver
under deadline pressures
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Word
- Deep knowledge of and experience navigating relevant
professional and public resources
- A work ethic built on respect, honesty, teamwork, and
- Deep respect and appreciation for diversity and inclusion in
- Mature communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Relentlessly detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Healthy respect for colleagues and ability to work
collaboratively with others
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and results-oriented
- Desire to be part of an intellectually rich and action-oriented
- Strong sense of honor and integrity
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor
- Passion for helping those in need