Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Education (University Supervisor) - 2
Positions to be filled
Commensurate with education and experience.
College of Education
Office of the Dean - College of Education
Dr. Kathy Adair
Director of Innovative Partnerships Sam Houston State University
College of Education Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
University Supervisor faculty act as liaisons between partner
school campuses and the University. Supervisors will attend and
participate in orientation meetings and trainings related to the T-
TESS evaluation system. Supervisors will observe, evaluate, and
confer with each teaching candidate and mentor teacher. Under the
guidance of the Educator Preparation Program, this collaborative
team facilitates the planning, implementation, and evaluation of
experiences that will increase the professional competence of the
teaching candidates. Locations and numbers of teaching candidates
will vary by need. University supervisor hiring is based upon
student demand on a semester-by-semester basis.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in related field for lower
level course offerings.
Experience Required for the Position
Administrative certification and teaching experience
Other Requirements for the Position
Travel will be required for this position (mileage will be
Special Instructions Summary
This posting is for the Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3