Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a Fire and Life
Safety Technician at the Daytona Beach campus. Under the direction
of Fire and Life Safety Specialist, the Fire and Life Safety
Technician ensures the repair, maintenance and testing of all fire,
intrusion, life safety systems and elevator (systems) meet college
expectations. This position receives and evaluates work orders and
other requests and investigates and troubleshoots the issues
involved. Additionally, the Fire and Life Safety Technician will
make necessary repairs as needed, and may assist other departments
with wiring or installations within license authority.
- Service and maintain fire systems on campus.
- Service and maintain the emergency phones on campus.
- Keep current on fire safety systems and laws related to
- Help coordinate the service and maintenance of elevators and
- Service and maintain exit and emergency lights.
- Maintain and check fire extinguishers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Formal diploma/certificate/degree program of 6-18 months after
high school. Area of study: Fire safety, alarms, electrical,
- Knowledge of NFPA codes.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience.